In addition to having a good location, a high quality staff, the success of the cyber café can be decided by the step of designing the layout structure of the cyber café which can make the difference for the shop. Difference can come from the inside arrangement and structuring of the design layout such as the way to arrange furniture, the sense of the theme, stylish decoration items and so on.
- Style of the cyber cafe
Firstly, you have to identify the style or the overall theme of the cyber café so based on that you can design the cyber café to present the characteristics and personality of the owner of the cyber cafe. There are several kinds of styles to design a good cyber café. It could include:
+ Stylist cyber cafe: This style of a cyber café will contain itself some outstanding features so every time when walking into the shop customers can feel that they escape from the outside to enjoy a very strange place. The object of this kind of cyber café is normally the teenagers and young people.
+ Outside/garden cyber cafe: The outside open and fresh environment can be suitable with large are, the combination of green trees and natural atmosphere can fit with many kinds of customers, especially the children. But for the cyber café, the owner must make sure that even outside but customers can satisfy with all outside Internet services.
+ Cyber cafe for “take away”: It is one kinds of cyber café which the customers will not stay for a long time in the shop. During the time they wait for the drink then they can use the services like surfing the Internet, playing some game, reading online newspapers and so on.
+ Real cyber cafe: If you follow this style of the cyber café it means all the customers come here for the cyber service of the café. They will focus on accessing to the Internet to do anything they like rather than talking or playing.
However, you can make your cyber café more attractive by adding more services to your cyber café such as cyber café with music.
- Space of the cyber café
– The design of the cyber café should care about the division of the space of the customers into group of space to fit several kinds of customers. For example, there will be space for VIP customers, for the couple, for group of people for party.
– Customers come to the cyber café for relaxing so the space should be designed as much open and large as possible.
– You have to design the walking and moving space inside the cyber café effectively and reasonably for both the staff and the customers.
– In the cyber café is located in tight atmosphere so the air conditioner system should be highly paid attention. But if the cyber café is in the open environment then you have to design in the direction which can help to avoid as much sun, rain and dirt as possible.
– You should have a smart design to divide the area of kitchen, store and tables effectively. Normally, the space for tables and chairs will make for 40 to 60% area of the total area of the cyber café, 30% will be for the kitchen and surrounding areas. The rest area will be for the storehouse or the parking area if needed. In the design layout, the parking area is very important. If the parking area is in the same location so you should design it to avoid the difference in taking out and in. But if it is far from the cyber café so it will exclude from the design layout.
Lighting system will include natural and artificial lights. The cyber café of course must have some natural lights from the main door and ranges of windows. Based on the quantity of the natural lighting then you can design how many lamps will be needed and where to install in your cyber café in order to create a cozy feeling for the eyes of customers and avoid the bored feeling of the atmosphere for your cyber cafe.
Sound can be in the design layout for the cyber café as the sound must be placed in the place which sound can be equally released to all the area in the cyber café. You have to avoid the case that some areas customers can hear much better than others. Sound is very important when you intend to design a gaming space in your cyber café.
The design of the color in the cyber café must be in line with the overall theme of the shop then based on that all decoration items will match with this color to create a unique and consistent outlook for the cyber café.